Welcome

1 family - 30 days - 0 junk food. Can it be done?????

Friday, September 2, 2011

Old habits are hard to break

I went to play cards tonight with my Mom and some other members of my extended family.  Always a fun time, but always full of junk food.  Chips, cheesies, chocolate, candies, you name it, it's on the table.  Sometimes it gets tough to deal the cards, navigating around all of the dishes!  I was anticipating a real challenge for my will power.
I was pleasantly surprised to find only 2 small dishes of chocolates and one apple pie.  This would be easy!  Ummmmmm....not so much.  When I sat down, the dish of chocolate was right beside me.  I could smell that heavenly aroma.  It was screaming "You know you want to.  Go on, no one will know.  Just one teensy bite".  It took a lot of effort but I picked up that dish and moved it over to the next person around the table.  Problem solved.  Now it would be really obvious if I took one.

I get mixed reactions from people when I say my family is doing this challenge.  Some are skeptical "That's going to be too hard.  You guys will never be able to avoid EVERYTHING".  Some are dismissive "What on earth would you want to do that for???!!".  The best responses are from those who want to do it with us.  So far I have my Mom and a friend of my eldest on board.  It's amazing.

I hope to be able to have my two elder children help contribute to this blog.  This is their challenge to and I would like to give them the opportunity to express the hurdles they've faced and how they've overcome them.

2 down, 28 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment